Some lingering soreness put me back a little. I’ve been afraid of hurting myself again, so I really wanted to get a fully recovery before doing anything big. So I rested through Wednesday. On Thursday I did the arm workout I’d put up last week for Monday, and on Friday I was all set to do my class at the Y but it was cancelled for some reason, and since it was Friday and I was slightly sore I lazed around instead of ran or something like that. I liked the arm workout though. I think I’ll tweak it a little the next time I try it because I think I could have done better–especially if I’d been moving faster and had been in top condition.
I still really want to try the list I’d made for Thursday last week, so I’m planning on doing that both Monday and Thursday this week. I want to build off this slightly amped up workout for any future ones.
Here it is again:
- Jumping jacks–“I’m Shipping Up to Boston” Dropkick Murphys
- Lunge/squat with weights–“Megalomaniac” Incubus
- Box/push-ups–“Dammit” Blink 182
- Crunches/Sit-Ups with weights*–“Anything, Anything” (cover) Lucky Boys Confusion
- Bicep/Tricep curls–“Dirt Room” Blue October
- Box/Squats–“The Effect” Flobots
- Running–“Survive” Rise Against
- Push-ups/Triceps–“Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked” Cage the Elephant
- Machine gun with up and down**–“If You Think This Song Is About You…” D.R.U.G.S.
- Cool down–“Wish You Were Here” Incubus
I’ll also run Tuesday and Wednesday and hopefully I’ll have that class at the Y on Friday. Here’s to a great week!