Recap: This week went worse than I even expected. Monday I did my running as planned, but Tuesday I officially pulled my back, and the rest of the week I was very sore and still am, and my exercise has amounted to avoiding sitting down because standing again is so painful. I am slowly feeling better, so hopefully Monday I can try a playlist. I’ll be focusing on my arms and taking things slow.
Monday playlist: Arms
- Machine Gun Boxing–“Vampire Weekend” My Chemical Romance
- Push-ups/Tricep Lifts–“Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked” Cage the Elephant
- Run–“Re-Education Through Labor” Rise Against
- Box/Push-Ups–“Dammit” Blink 182
- Bicep/Tricep curls with weights–“Dirt Room” Blue October
- Jumping Jacks–“I’m Shipping Up to Boston” Dropkick Murphys
- Box/Tricep Lifts–“Move” Thousand Foot Krutch
- Run–“Survive” Rise Against
- Machine gun boxing–“If You Think This Song Is About You…” D.R.U.G.S.
- Cool down–“Swing Life Away” Rise Against
Tuesday and Wednesday will be treadmilling–Tuesday at least I’m aiming for 30+ minutes
Thursday is more all around with weights added for intensity:
- Jumping jacks–“I’m Shipping Up to Boston” Dropkick Murphys
- Lunge/squat with weights–“Megalomaniac” Incubus
- Box/push-ups–“Dammit” Blink 182
- Crunches/Sit-Ups with weights*–“Anything, Anything” (cover) Lucky Boys Confusion
- Bicep/Tricep curls–“Dirt Room” Blue October
- Box/Squats–“The Effect” Flobots
- Running–“Survive” Rise Against
- Push-ups/Triceps–“Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked” Cage the Elephant
- Machine gun with up and down**–“If You Think This Song Is About You…” D.R.U.G.S.
- Cool down–back stretches–“Wish You Were Here” Incubus
*I’m going to do the weights like we did with the kettle bell in boxing–holding it straight in the air with one arm while doing the crunch (but I’m doing crunches and not full sit-ups because of my recent back issues)
**We did these in boxing where you punch as fast as possible while going down on both knees and then back up over and over–it was really hard
Friday is my class at the Y. Who knows what I’ll do Saturday. I might redo one of the playlists. I just really hope my back feels better so I can keep on track.