Highlights from this totally awesome night!
- Packing 2 bags of stuff, one stuffed with extra clothes so we wouldn’t be freezing again–it worked!
- Getting a free Reds fleece blanket at the gate!
- Slipping my way to the front of the meet and greet crowd before the game–I managed to get Mike Leake and Homer Bailey’s autographs! Andrea got Hernandez!
- Harboring hope that when I am old I will be able to get everyone’s autograph–like the old bag I was standing next to. (There’s no hope that I will turn into a cute little boy like the ones in front of me that caused Jay Bruce and Joey Votto not even to look up at the ball I was holding out.)
- Being this close to Jay and Joey and Janish and Hannigan and Hernandez and everyone else on the team!
- Getting traditional hot dogs
- Seats were nice–the people around us were nice, even the very loud guys behind us were mostly entertaining to listen to. Everyone at the ball park seemed super nice today!
- All the employees were in these faux black tie/suit uniforms–snazzy!
- Rusty Grizwolds, an 80s cover band did a pretty good job as performers for National Anthem and throughout game.
- Where is Paul Janish? The starting shortstop should have at least been able to start the whole opening weekend!! (He could have done so much better than Renteria–0-4)
- Yay! Ryan Hanigan gets to start, though it would have been nice to give Hernandez his extra kudos for his awesome home run on Opening Day.
- We get an early 4-0 lead and Wood has a perfect first three innings!
- Traditional Knuxy’s Knot pretzel
- Having extra layers to put on when I start to get cold–by the end I look like a red marshmallow.
- We win! We win! We win!
- Fireworks! Pretty!